Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Bristolwood House

A little less than a month ago Adam and I put our precious little house on the market. In a whirlwind it was under contract days later. With lots of help, half a dozen rolls of tape, and too many boxes to count we finally have most of it packed away. This afternoon as I was cleaning up I reflected on what this house  has meant to us these past eight years. 

It was the home we brought our babies home to...

Celebrated many firsts in...
 
Held birthdays at...
 
And grew in...


As I wiped our fingerprints off windows and vacuumed the last bits of mess from the carpet tears threatened to overflow and I prayed and thanked God for all of our precious memories. He reminded me how well documented they are with countless front porch pictures and sand box pictures filtered by the joyful sunshine...




I heard Him whisper to my heart "on to the next adventure my girl".  And as I cleaned my giant wonderful garden tub for the last time (not sad about the not cleaning it again part!) I thanked Him for meeting me there. I did a lot of praying and crying and working things out in that bubbly spot. And He whispered again to my heart "My girl you know I will meet you anywhere you seek me. We will have other spots."
 
And so tonight I am not sad. As I drove away for one of the last times, I was mostly thankful for the walls that provided  a backdrop for our story. 
I am thankful for our first house and all of the love that grew there. 
We will carry that with us. 
As God draws us closer to Him, He calls us to make a home in new walls and to start making new memories and new adventures. 

No comments: