Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Wandering Heart

"Let thy goodness like a fetter bind my wandering heart to thee. Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above."

How quickly I forget the blessing the Lord has brought to me. How little time it takes for the busyness of life take over and make me forget how sweet my daily communion with Him. I forget that any kindness or gentleness or compassion to be found in me has its roots in the Father. Not in me. In the least. How easily forgotten the whispering of love in His word. The messages just for me. Why is a few more minutes of sleep more enticing? Do I not love Him more than that? Why is my most important love relationship one that crescendos and crests to recede and wane? I desire to love Him more. To serve and love Him with my life. To die to self more and more. And have less of these times where flesh wins out. I love the words of this hymn. And I am thankful that even when it doesn't feel so, my heart is His.


No comments: