Monday, June 27, 2011

The Hillen Visit

My friends Dan and Jana work with Youth for Christ in Indiana. Fishers to be exact. But they have a special place in their hearts for Tuscaloosa where they spent the first few years of their marriage and ministry. Dan headed up a group of youth volunteers to come down and volunteer for tornado relief last week. Jana drove down too, following them with their two children Micah and Alana. The three of them stayed with Dusti and Thomas. It was great to get to visit with her and the kids. It was hard to "visit" with the kiddos running around but we did enjoy the time together. (Last week I started a bootcamp class a sweet woman in our neighborhood is running for free! It is three days a week at 5:30am. And it really kicks my tail and zaps my energy. I am sure I was not the most energetic of companions.) We were a little busy to snap lots of pictures but we did get a few. (Mostly at Calvary's Preschool Pizza in the Park Night and Friday at lunch with Grace and her kiddos.)

It is funny to think that just four years ago we didn't have all these kiddos. How time changes things even friendships. Jana got me onto Pinterest. It is so much fun. Even though I am having trouble adding the button to my browser , I still recommend it.

No comments: