Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Blessing

There is a boy in my my fourth block class that blesses my heart. (I have shared a story about him before here.) He has the sweetest and kindest attitude. And he gives great big hugs. About a month ago he lost his mom after she has in the hospital for a several weeks. It was terribly heartbreaking to see this beautiful family suffer. Tragically two weeks later the suffered from an apartment fire. I was already spending time arguing with God about my petty problems. But I really went to Him with this one. Why God? You say you will not give us more than we can handle .... so where is the limit? Many of the faculty at my school felt the same. And we organized a little collection to purchase some gift cards. We raised close to four hundred and fifty dollars. And I was able to be the one to give the card to this student and his amazing brother. It is a moment I will never forget. These boys taught me a lesson in humility, gratefulness, and love. I am thankful that God allowed me to receive a blessing from serving this family. Please if you think of them, pray. The have suffered much but they continue to smile and laugh and show kindness to all the come in contact with. May my life be such a blessing to others as thee two boys.

No comments: