Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The I Didn't Make it to the Grocery Store Dinner

Monday we were all a little off. Maybe it was all the celebrating of our SEC Championship. But schedules weren't matching up and I just couldn't get the coupons and lists ready. So I didn't make it to the grocery store. And we had nothing to eat. Really. I decided to get creative. I think I came up with a pretty good scrounge. I'm not sure my jury agreed. But I felt it was very Proverbs 31 of me, being resourceful ;)

I used the remains of two boxes of ziti and penne and the last bag of frozen peas.

Then I made a cheese sauce with the dregs of three leftover bags of cheese.
I had a can of crescent rolls and a little bit of lunch meat and cheese. Roll all up and bake. Yum. So if you ever need to put off a trip to the grocery store, feel free to justify it with a little creativity. And resourcefulness.

No comments: