Friday, July 23, 2010

The Visit from Mimi

There is no denying the fact that I am utterly and completely spoiled. First my sisters came and spent several days with us playing with Noah and crossing stuff off the list. Then Nana came and did the same. This week Mimi came and got a lot accomplished. Papa also came yesterday to hang up and install some things so that Adam wouldn't have to spend his weekend working around the house. I think he also came to make sure Mimi didn't move in! I am so thankful for my family and their willingness to help me and Adam prepare for Miller and Noah. Noah has sure enjoyed soaking in the extra attention this summer. And I feel like Miller could come tomorrow and it would be okay. There are a lot of decorative details in his nursery that I would like to finish but I am hitting creative roadblocks. Mom helped me a lot this week with organizational things and helping me run some errands. I felt like even though Noah came early and unexpectedly I was more ready for him in all aspects (spiritually and emotionally and physically). Maybe it was the bedrest. Mentally I am not worried. I know this time around how to take care of him and I am not nervous about meeting his physical needs. But I need some more time to pray over his little life and what he will bring to our family!

2 comments:

danajk said...

What good helpers you have! Isn't it fun getting ready for a new baby? Can't wait to see pictures of the finished products!

Papa said...

No, no ,no - I didn't come to make sure she did not move to T-town. I just came to remind her that Homewood has some attractions worth considering coming back too :-)

Seriously, I was glad I could do my little part. Adam, I am sorry about the stripped screws - maybe next time we can work together on something.

Dad