Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Calvary Has Come and Gone

My sisters and their two babies came to help me and Adam cross some things off the "to do before Miller gets here list". They came Tuesday night in time to taste my first tried Plain Chicken recipe (Cheesy Chicken Roll Up Casserole, it was very yummy and sported all reduced fat ingredients.) and from there they began to wash every baby related thing I had stored in the attic. Jenny washed and folded every piece of clothing, blanket, burp cloth, bedding and bib I had saved from Noah! What a gift. She and Adam put together the shelf for Noah's toys. The next day she went with me Lobby Lobby as Noah calls it and finished painting the bed and figured out how to put it together. (Can't do it quite yet, its so hot it is having trouble trying drying, but at least now we know how.) Emily chased around the kiddos and painted these adorable windows for Noah's room. They did a million other things like the dishes and helping Noah use the potty and applying a troublesome decal to a wall in Noah's room. Xander was adorable and Lillie was our diva, but a surprisingly undemanding one! Noah was so excited to have his aunts and cousins here, he ran around acting cute trying to soak in all the attention. I am so thankful and humbled for their help on whittling away at the long list. And for just their company!! I almost forgot, Jenn also lent me her bathing suit so I don't have to go buy a maternity one. This may be the best of all because tonight (after dinner, Plain Chicken Recipe #2 Flank Steak and salad!) I am going swimming in an attempt to relieve the pressure and weight causing all my pelvic pain. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

5 comments:

Caroline H said...

Everything looks cute... Share that recipe please :)

Laura said...

sweet sweet sisters. LOVE em's windows and LOVE LOVE you and those sweet boys!

Anonymous said...

Everything is adorable! What great sisters!
Love, Nana

lindseykennedy said...

Awww, you are lucky to have such sweet sisters. It all looks adorable. I wish I had some organizational skills. I love the window too!

jennifer said...

the windows turned out sooo cute! we loved every minute of it, especially Lillie! Jenn