Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Frustration

Today I went up to the school to meet our new principal. She was at a meeting. I probably should have called ahead. But I did have a talk with our bookeeeper. I had noticed that the central office had not yet posted my position on the job board. I wanted to make sure that our new leader was aware of the situation. I was reassured that she was and that she was working on it. However I saddened to learn that they have decided just to hire a permanent sub. That is exactly what I didn't want to happen!!! It is one of the reasons I chose to take a leave of absence instead of maternity leave. I wanted stability for the kids. I wanted them not to have random subs rotating in and out who had no history experience whatsoever. Ughh. I thought they would be able to hire an actual teacher on a limited contract. There are plenty of recent graduates out there who didn't get hired in this awful economy who would love a chance to work even if for one semester. So I prayed about it on my drive to meet Adam for lunch and my intern Brandi popped into my head. So I gave her a call to let her know that they were not going to post the position if she knew anyone who still needed a job they might like to go up to the school with their resume. I am trusting that God has a plan for this fall semester. I am going to pray that they find the right person for the job. And that my decision was the right one.

No comments: