Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Scared Little Boy

I have a little problem. Noah is scared of EVERYTHING! From the neighborhood dogs, the shower, fans, any kind of lawn equipment, sprinklers, pools and then yesterday he was scared of my neighbor's three year old! His reaction can be anything form running and jumping in my lap, hiding his face in me and saying, "I'm scared Mommy" and hanging out for a minute or two (as in the case of my neighbor's three year old who he plays with frequently) to extreme terror (as in the case of the floor fan I tried to bring out on the front porch.). It started about two weeks ago and has gradually grown worse to the point of refusing to go outside to play. I have prayed for him and then prayed with him. I have reinforced the fact that God is always with him and he doesn't need to be scared. But I really am at a loss as to how to help him. I think it has everything to do with my growing belly and all the changes coming his way. I have tried to reinforce that Adam and I will love him always and no matter what. If anyone has any suggestions I am open to them! It will be a long summer if we are stuck in the house without the use of fans :)

No comments: