Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Poo Poo in My Closet

* Warning: This story is gross. Don't read it if you get grossed out by toddler poop. Because there is lots of it and its everywhere!

Today's antidote is completely my fault. I realize that and own it completely.


This morning I really needed a shower. I didn't squeeze one in yesterday. I picked a nap instead. Noah was fully engrossed in Sesame Street so I thought, good time for a shower. I kissed my little one and said, "Mommy's gonna take a shower you stay here, okay?" Well he wanted to come. At least that way I could watch him. Ha,ha.


So I close us in the bathroom and get in. Noah wants to get in too and takes off all his clothes. I have shampoo in my hair and figure okay. Then he decided that he was scared of the shower and didn't want to get in. For refuge he runs into my closet and shuts the door. Okay, now there is a naked two year old in my closet. I was rinsing my face and lathering up the loofah. I had an estimated two minutes left in the shower. And I thought, "What can he possibly get into? Its just clothes that can be re hung up or re folded. There are no cleaners or poison or markers or crayons. We are good." Never once did I consider poop. So I finished quickly, wrapped a towel around myself. Knocked on the door and opened it.


"Time to come out Noah."


"I poo pooed mommy. Right there."


Okay. No big deal. I look at him and survey the damage. Luckily he thinks poop is gross and didn't play or paint with it. It is all over his legs and feet. In fact as I am thinking about what to do he is tracking it all over my bathroom. So I quarantine him to my big tub. Only he's scared of it and won't take a bath in it. My pregnancy brain is slowing my reaction time to the crisis at hand. I have a poop covered two year old in my tub, poop in my closet and all over my bathroom floor.Do I laugh or cry? So I did what any pregnant mom would, I lost my breakfast. From the bathtub I hear Noah call out to me in the toilet closet, "Mommy you poo poo too? You get prize! " Hmm. Do I get a prize for throwing up?


My mind cleared a little after that. I wiped him up enough to transport him to his non scary bathtub. He takes a quick bath and gets dressed. I plop him down in front of PBS Kids and tackle the bathroom. We are all clean. And we have learned we don't poo poo in the closet. Ever.

It is a good thing he is so cute! He sure does keep it interesting!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Carriekey...this is hysterical! Missed you this weekend.

Laura said...

...never use "plop" in a post about poop. LOVE you and miss you terribly!

Shea said...

So funny (and sad for you throwing up)! So glad someone else has stories like that to tell! We have had accidents involving poop and pee and both involve Graham putting them in his mouth!!

jennifer said...

bless your heart! i am sorry...the worse thing Michael ever did was poop in his pants and in the bathtub....that's bad enough. It's not funny, it's one of those moments as a mom where you feel like you are going to lose it...i can relate! :) we can laugh about it later!