Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Devil is Out to Get Me...

This is true. Satan does not want any of God's children to fulfill their purposes on Earth. Sometimes he is subtle with me allowing my own selfish human nature to foil me. Sometimes though I feel a full on attack. This is Holy Week and mine has been far from the holy set aside time I planned it out to be. I grew up Episcopal and we really celebrated Holy Week. There were many special services and rituals that were beautiful reminders and celebration of what Christ did for us all. I often find myself missing these services. This year I had full intentions of setting aside some time for some special Easter activities for Noah to teach him the meaning of Easter. But stomach viruses and rescheduled appointments really stole my week away from me. It is Thursday already? As I was clinging to the toilet at four am knowing I was sick and needed to reschedule my appointment I felt that my joy had been stolen. The plans I had that day for my growing family were spoiled and instead of embracing it and adapting I let it ruin my week. And I let it distract me for my goals. Then today my eye is inflamed and I am in pain, I really can't concentrate on much else. Was throwing up a dozen times not enough? Now I am playing catch up at school and at home for the two unexpected days of illness. So despite being distracted I do want to make sure in the next few days that I do not let my little family get swept away with eggs and bunnies and that I take the time to point out Christ and his amazing sacrifice. I have also seen amazing ideas on many of the blogs I follow. Like Resurrection Eggs from Totally Tots. Or The cool Easter Cookies on Fly Through My Window. Or Blessing Baskets and Family Foot Washings from A Woman, A Man and A Minivan. Most of them will be perfect for Noah next year at three when he understands and can do a little bit more. Hopefully most of you have not been as distracted as me and have made more of your opportunities. Share any fun Easter Week ideas you have. Esp. ones that don't require much prep time ;) I'm out of that.



1 comment:

danajk said...

We did Resurrection Eggs for Awana last week. I made them myself just using plastic eggs and a list from this website:
http://www.rainbowcastle.org/resurrectioneggs.html
My kids and my Cubbies are a little older than Noah, but they way enjoyed it! And we are making the Resurrection cookies on Saturday night, too.
http://www.annieshomepage.com/resurrectioncookies.html

These are two little ideas that do not take much time or planning. And most of the stuff you already have at the house. But you may already know of these.

Good luck! And don't let it get you down - you are celebrating Holy Week in your heart and mind. There is plenty of time to teach Noah. And you are growing a person, after all!