Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Nursery Will Be...

Blue!


Today Adam woke up not feeling good at all. But I could not take another day off to reschedule this appointment so Mimi volunteered to go with me. (I didn't even have to twist her arm. Partly because she's a grandmother and she was thrilled and in part because I was hysterically crying when I asked devastated Adam wasn't going to be there. Hormones. Gotta love 'em.) I was nervous and still feeling weak and missing Adam. I was happy that my mom got to be part of the moment though. I immediately began to count all of Miller's parts. Two arms. Two legs. A brain. A spine. And then there it was... his boy parts. And my dreams of tutus, bows and ballet recitals faded for brothers, bunk beds, wrestling, baseball games and more jon jons. I am so excited that Noah will have a little brother. I can already imagine the trouble they will get into! I think Adam is excited because he thinks we already have his wardrobe done ;) Charlie is pumped because he was a little nervous a little girl would make him dress up as a princess. After the appointment my mom and I went in search of Miller's first outfits. It was fun picturing this sweet little boy of mine in sweet bitsy clothes. By the time I was on my way back to Tuscaloosa my dear friend Laura already had mJs monogrammed on an outfit! So sweet. I already have plans for adding to and redecorating the nursery a bit after Noah's car and truck themed big boy room is complete. Here are some sonogram pics. They are bad quality because they came from my cell phone. At some point I will try to scan them.
Is anybody else concerned that my giant looking placenta is going to swallow my baby?? The doctor, my dad, my mom, anyone I showed the picture to said its just the angle... but really its huge and gross looking and it looks like it might smother him. I'm probably going to worry about it a lot.







7 comments:

Shea said...

Congratulations!! So fun having brothers!

Beth Goff said...

So precious! We are thrilled for yall!

HB said...

YAY! So exciting, Carrie!! You got some great pictures!! They were super clear.

(I only checked your blog a millions times. ha)

Hope everyone gets to feeling better.

lindseykennedy said...

YEA FOR BOYS! Congratulations. Can my boy play with your boys? That would be fun.

LB said...

congratulations!! How fun for Noah.

danajk said...

Congrats! What fun! Going shopping right after an ultrasound is the best! And I, too was checking the blog like 1,000 times!

Emy said...

i can't wait for our boys to run around "mimi"land together! noah told me miller would not be xander's friend... but i'm sure he wasn't being serious ;) i'm so happy for your growing family! i know a girl would have been fun, but you are an awesome boy mom =)