Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Quilt

My Granny made Emily this sweet Auburn quilt when she went to school. It meant a lot because Granny was an Alabama fan though she pretended with us to pull for the Tigers. We knew better. When I told her how much I liked Emily's quilt she made me one. It gets a lot of use at our house.


It brings comfort to us when we are sick. (Noah is STILL running a fever!) Yesterday I had a rough day and was feeling sick myself so we cuddled up to watch Cars(again) under our quilt and it wasn't long before we were fast asleep. (Have mercy on how rough I look. I'm pregnant and nauseated. And yes I do have the top and cardigan I wore to school with pajama pants. It happens sometimes :) In fact as I type I have on a cotton dress and pajama pants on.)


The quilt discovered a new purpose today... a tent! Today I came home from school to this.... Love it. And I know Granny would too!

3 comments:

Robin said...

I cannot tell you how elaborate Adam's forts used to be. Such a precious little boy thing! I suspect they will only grow larger. Adam's pretty tall now so he'll need lots of room to get in there with Noah!

danajk said...

Oh, Carrie! I love it! We still use David's quilt that Granny made him all the time. I think I may have told you that we use it every week at Awana. All my 3 and 4 year olds pick a square (a kitty or puppy) to sit on during story time. I KNOW that it makes Granny smile, looking down and seeing her quilts being so loved and enjoyed. . .

Emy said...

i agree with dana =)