Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The T Rex

Several years ago.. I think it was my first year teaching.. I had a student.. we will call him Fred to protect the not so innocent.. who we won't forget. He was not really at school to learn and spent a lot of time in trouble. He never did give me a hard time. But he did keep me entertained. And my teacher friends who were entertained by my daily Fred stories. (One day I remeber emailing them to come look at something he was doing through my window in the courtyard.) He gave me an education.(on illegal things, music, dancing, and BHS terminolgy) One day Fred was not really in a clear state of mind and I was in the front teaching and another student knocked on the door to give me something. I let him in, we did an exchange of papers and he left. Fred looks up and says, "Mrs. Jones... he looked like a T Rex. Ha ha. T REX." From that day forward Fred made up a song about a Baby T Rex. Which he would sing and greet me with in the halls. This story isn't quite as funny without my impression of "bay-be tee rex" but imagine it as hilarious. I haven't really thought much about Fred in the past couple of years. I occasionly scan the newspaper crime reports or Most Wanted segment of the news to make sure he is staying out of trouble. But I haven't seen or heard anything about him in years. Maybe he did move to Califronia like he said he would. So today when my freind Kerri said she had a surprise she had saved for me... a T-Rex Silly Bandz it took me second to remember Fred, his song, and all the things he taught me! But now I am wearing it on my wrist in honor of surviving the some of the craziest kids and having lots of fun stories to share about them.



1 comment:

Kerri said...

Mrs. Jones...can I go get my squarze...?