Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Giving Thanks Blog Posts

A friend of mine Micheal is starting a special project this Thanksgiving month. She is going to post something everday that she is grateful for. And she invited people to jump on board. I wanted to start something similar for myself this month as part of the hollowing out the pumpkin gunk and letting God's light shine through me project I am working on. But honestly I was afriad to make a committment. So Micheal did it for me! And I am committing to joining her.

So here it goes.

I am thankful for family and faith. But will save those for another day.

Today I am thankful for technology. For things like cell phones that take pictures and send them straight to blogs and Facebook. I often feel lonely and isolated in my busyness and technology helps me feel connected. I was able to send our mothers pictures of trick or treating instantly through my Blackberry. How much would my grandmothers have loved that? In this fast paced world it is great to be able to still feel connected to people! So I am thankful for emails, text messages and status updates. And the connections they bring me.



3 comments:

Laura said...

and I am thankful for you!

Micheal said...

I am so glad you decided to join in. I cannot wait to read about all your blessings. We really need to get together soon!

Anonymous said...

Me Too! Even though I'm lousy at it. I do get to keep up with family and friends. Keep those pictures coming! Love, MIL