Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Eat, Play,Sleep

My peace of mind, physical well being, mood, attitude depend on these three things: eat, play, sleep. This is the schedule of Noah's three hour cycles and the way we have been able to get him to sleep seven hours at night. Yesterday we visited "school" to drop off his supplies. They informed us that they do not wake sleeping babies. And they will feed him whenever he is hungry. Which means whenever he cries! Eat, play, sleep is out the window. I am nervous that all our hard work is about to be forgotten. It was hard being there yesterday and seeing the little room where Noah will spend his days. The people are nice but... it just isn't how I always thought he would grow up. Not where I want him to roll over for the first time, laugh for the first time, crawl, sit up, walk, talk. I wanted to see all those things as he did them. We will see how it goes. This is God's plan for us right now and I have faith that he is working for my good. It is just hard to see what that is right now. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Ahhh!!! I KNOW God's got a plan in all of this . . and like you said, it's for your good (and Noah's). It's amazing how differently things turn out, isn't it? Definitely not what we plan.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you started a blog and you're so wrong - your's is SO much more interesting and thought provoking than mine!! I look forward to keeping up w/ you, Adam, and little Noah on here!! I MISS and LOVE YOU, FRIEND!!

Laura Mielke said...

Carrie, I am Laura McFee's friend Laura and I know you and I have met a couple of times. I have my own blog that I'll send you the link to soon but I have not started blogging about my own pregnancy yet. I am so tired this early in pregnancy (11 weeks) that I don't even have the energy at the moment to read your fantastic looking blog. Noah is gorgeous and you look wonderful too! I will read your posts very soon! Looking forward to it! Take care!

Laura Mielke said...

of course I don't have to actually send you my link...you can just click on my name :)

Carrie said...

Jana, I know He does, I get so sad thinking about how much fun we would be having together if you were still here! But I try to think about all the lives yall will be changing up there.

Laura, Laura told me that you are having twins??? Oh my! Isn't that most little girls dream come true? My friends and I used to pretend we had twins. I always thought it would be so cool. I can only imagine how surprised you were to see two heartbeats! I know they will be such a blessing to you and Nick! I look forward to keeping up with you and see all that God teaches you. I am so excited that you get a double blessing! And I understand about being tired. I wish I could tell you it passes :)