Monday, June 20, 2016

The Lost Job

Do you ever let your mind wonder and ask yourself, "What is the worst that could happen?"

For me one of those answers was being told that I had to leave my job at University Place. My three years in my happy place included fulfilling work, amazing co workers, being able to creatively solve problems, going to work with my kids, development of friendships, endless smiles and hugs from precious little ones. I simply couldn't imagine ever not being a part of my new family.

 Until the morning I was told I no longer met the qualifications for the position. In the span of five minutes I felt everything come crashing down around me. Although I was reassured that this had nothing to my job performance and everything to do with changes at the state department level it felt like I had failed in some terrible way. I wish I could tell you I handled the moment with grace, but alas more like ugly crying in front of our Director of Human Resources, principal, and Director of Elementary Ed. A terrible day followed as I asked God some ugly questions. And as usual He answered with loving patience.

Here is the answer He gave me through others and to my hurting heart....

He was not surprised by this. He has a plan. I am on to my next mission.

How do you argue with that?

As the school year came to a close, my next steps became clearer. I look forward to the new adventure and challenges that come with the start of the new school year in August. Not to say I'm not still a little sad. It was a wonderful three years during which I got to walk my babies into their classrooms, attend every little event, eat lunch with them anytime I wanted. That was a gift. One I will always treasure. I made some amazing life long friends that are irreplaceable.

Over the past month I have asked God to show me advantages in this new plan. And He has showed me things I have missed about having my own classroom, working with teenagers, and certain things about my home life and stress levels that will be better. And so I close the door on these happy three years and look forward to the next chapter.



No comments: