Friday, May 30, 2014

The Day Kindergarten Came to an End




How did he grow so quickly????
What a fantastic year. So much learned. So much fun had. And oh so much love! I could not have dreamed up a better year for Noah. All the things I want for him, planted in little seeds in his heart. Leadership. Friendship. Excitement for learning. Love of school. Curiosity. Blessed and loved by an amazing teacher. And part of a very special school family. I really couldn't have scripted it better. And I loved being able to be a daily part of it. The memories we made this year will always be special to me. We were both new and nervous but everyday our school became more and more like home and family. We are already looking forward to next year!

Our first grader got to pick out a place for dinner.....
Waffle House.
Miller was happy!


I am so thankful for the many ways this special year was an answer to prayer! And thankful for all the people who played a role in that!


3 comments:

Mom said...

Thankful that this story made me smile.....was prepared for tears after reading the title.
The story of this year in both you and Noah's lives is a great reminder of how The Lord goes before us and makes a way where there seems to be no way, wouldn't you say? It will be part of your history with Him and a building of trust in The Lord and His plans for you AND your children. It is one thing to have your Mama tell you He has a plan for you.....and a whole other wonderful thing to watch Him unfold it for yourself. There will come a time when enough of your Love Song has been sung that trust and peace flows easier, even looking into the unknown.
How delighted this mother is to listen in as you continue to sing.......
I love you so.

jennifer said...

Well now you both made me cry!

Anonymous said...

Your Mom said that so beautifully! It's been truly a blessing to see and hear how much you both loved your new school this year. I remember your worry and concern about where Noah would start school. God answered your hearts desire and I am thankful.He will always be listening and providing the best for you and your family. I was reminded of Corrie ten Boom this week. She said so many powerful things but one was,"There are no 'ifs' in God's Kingdom. His timing is perfect. His will is our hiding place. Lord Jesus, keep me in Your will! Don't let me go mad by poking about outside it." May our Lord give you peace and joy always while I know you strive to be in His will.
Love, Sandra