Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Sick

If you are a regular reader of the blog then you may have picked up on the fact that I have been struggling this fall. Not blogging as much and very tired. Super stressed. Not myself. I was getting worried about myself and honestly thought I might need a counselor along with a doctor. I finally made an appointment right before Christmas and turns out I have a reason to be tired! Apparently I have had mono for some time and I am anemic. Also I have a vitamin deficiency. I can not even begin to say how relieved I am! I thought I was just losing grip on my life or that I was getting older and being this exhausted was just a part of being a thirty something working mother of two. Thankfully it is not. I am going to be going in for some more testing to determine the underlying cause of the anemia/ vitamin thing. At this point my course of treatment includes vitamins, plenty of fluids and rest. Ha ha. I'm sure to get plenty of that ;) No really....Adam is amazing and is helping me to get as much as possible. I appreciate prayers as I work at getting everything back to normal. As mono and my New Year's resolutions don't go together:)

1 comment:

Robin said...

Oh goodness! Bless your heart. I am so sorry. BUT so glad you have a reason! I remember feeling that when I was diagnosed with anemia when I was pregnant with AK. There's this amazing sense of YES! I'm not crazy! Take care of yourself!!!