Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Night Sky

This past Sunday our pastor returned from a 90 Day sabbatical and preached a message on Psalms 19. "The heavens declare the glory of the Lord; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth  speech, night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech; they have no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all of the earth, their words to the ends of the earth. "  It was a beautiful message about how even the sky brings Him glory, and how we too were created to be glorious. So go out and be glorious. It was the kind of message that tugs at your heart and resonates with you. Last night I was walking in the neighborhood; for exercise and clearing of my overcrowded head. The boys were down and Adam was finishing up the kitchen duties. My cardio app tracked my progress and Pandora Top Christian Hits 2011Station  led me in worship. Several neighbors were doing laundry and the air smelled so sweet of dryer sheets and soap. Others were grilling a late supper. Others were shutting down for the night. I love walking in my neighborhood and watching all the families and sprinkling the neighbors with silent prayers. The sun was just finally setting all the way so it left a few clouds illuminated along the western skyline while the moon was large and bright. I found myself staring up into the beauty of the night sky and thinking about their beauty and their Creator. David Crowder was singing about How He Loves Us. It was one of the sweet moments where God spoke peace and rest and comfort into my soul. And all through the beauty of the skies. So tomorrow look up. See what messages He was written there for you.



No comments: