Thursday, September 22, 2011

The "Enough"

Came across this blog post from Beth Moore's blog "Living Proof Ministries". It is written by her daughter and it is extremely heart wrenching. I am diving into a Priscilla Shirer study called "One in a Million", all about living abundantly in the life God has called you to in the Promised Land. And it is quite challenging. I want to be a woman who walks into the promised land and who takes God up on His offer. But this world calls to me. Beckons me. I struggle when I put on the same pair of shoes everyday and just long to go out and buy a pair of cute and needless flats or fall boots. But I don't really need them. Nor do the boys need monogrammed holiday shirts. I am uncomfortable with what I feel like needs are and what I desire. I want to be satisfied with what I have. This blog post tugged at my heart. I felt like I really needed to share it. What is your "enough"? I am so rich. And I have prayed for God "to break my heart for what breaks yours" and I realize it is a dangerous prayer. But I so long to be used by Him. To be His ambassador of love. To do radical things. I even need to learn to satisfied with serving him within the four walls of my home. At school. In the grocery line. It may not be in His plan for me to adopt or go overseas on missions. But I do know He can use me daily if I ask and if I am open to being satisfied in Him. In the manna He gives in his Son. A sweet satisfying yet simple gift. That He alone be my joy. Click here to read Melissa's post. And to hear Shaun Grove's new song Enough. I think you will feel it worth the few minutes to read it.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Carrie,
The verse that helps in this is: Psalms 73:25-NIV "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." Even better from the psalter in Book of common Prayer "Whom have I in heaven but you? And having you I desire nothing upon earth."
Oh that we could get to that point in our journey where we desire nothing on this earth

Dad