Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The New Rooms

Things in our house are about to change in many ways. Noah will be playing musical rooms and will be moving up to the guest room. Noah's nursery will be transformed into Miller's nursery. Here are some of my ideas and plans.

Miller's room will be painted blue (like this one).....

He will be using all of Noah's black furniture. And the beautiful white bedding. But I will be getting these striped sheets from PBK and maybe one day the quilt. I will add green ties to the whit bumper pads to tie in the chair and storage boxes. Above the crib there will be a masculine monogram of some sort. Like the one below.
This is the white bedding Noah used that Miller will use.

Don't worry, I'm not putting any pink into Miller's room. But look on the wall in the background where those picture frames are hanging from ribbon. I want to do a similar boy arrangement above Miller's changing table. I want to include pictures and then also an M from fun scrapbook paper in a frame.
The guest room, now Noah's big boy room will be painted a green similar to this. He inherited a bed from his cousin Michael. We are so thankful for it!! It stained a dark wood to match the two bookshelves already in the room and a cube organizer for his cars and toys and his train table .


This is is the cute bedding that Michael also passed down!
Above the cube organizer I want to put this cute set. It comes with eight road pieces and four cars and four trucks that you pick the colors for and then four road signs. So cute!
This is the sheeting I'd like to use from PBK. I also found a lampshade to match on Ebay.
I have two windows I bought from a antique store that are black. I want to paint primary color cars on them and put photos behind it. I don't know yet what to do for curtains. I'd like to use sheets or material that I can also make a sham or something else to tie it in. I also will be putting my great grandmother Carrie's rocking chair in Noah's room. I am very excited about that! I imagine rocking little Miller while watching Noah play cars!

I am not sure when all these transformations will be taking place but soon we will start getting Noah's room ready. My goal is to have him in there in June. And the nursery done in July. I will take pictures of our progress!

3 comments:

Laura said...

SO much fun! looking forward to seeing these fabulous rooms!

The Apel Family said...

Very cute! I cannot wait to see the finished product. John Henry has those PBK sheets. They are really cute.

jennifer said...

they will both be soo cute! did you already stain noah's bed?