Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Runner




My mother in law is one strong determined lady! On Valentine's Day she ran and finished her first half marathon! I am beyond impressed. I can't run down the driveway. I am so inspired by her strength to decide to do something and finish it through. Both my mothers inspire me to keep going when I don't really feel like I can. This week when I felt like I might just run out of gas I just kept the picture of Sandra crossing the finish line. I hope I can finish my "race" with strength and joy as she did!

It was important to me that we be there to celebrate her amazing accomplishment. We thought it would be best to surprise her. Well we almost missed her. There are a lot of people who run! We were maybe thirty seconds away from giving up, I had whispered a little prayer to find her, when we looked by the finish line one more time to see Nana! I will never forget the look of joy on her face! It was priceless and I am so glad I was there to witness it.

Congratulations Nana! We are so proud! We love you and thank you for inspiring us to finish strong the things we start!




2 comments:

Mimi said...

"Amen" to being proud of Nana! It was no small thing and encourages me too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Words are not enough to express how I felt when I saw the three of you!! Love you, Nana