Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Joy

In a bible study a year or two ago we were studying the Fruits of Spirit. And we discussed how joy is a choice we make. "I choose Joy." is a mantra for our little group and sometime I will send or get an email with just those words on it. I have brought this up on th blog before. But I needed a refresher course this week. It is easy to feel defeated in this world. It is easy to allow circumstance and attitudes of others drag you down. It is easy to allow the world to poison you with its words and ways. It is harder to find joy when you feel so defeated. So here is where I have found joy in the defeating few weeks at BHS and in Tuscaloosa......

News that Noah will have a new cousin!!!!! Congratulations Jason and Jenny. The three of us are thrilled and look forward to welcoming another Neal into the world! We love you all!

Noah is learning to signal touchdowns and give high fives. It is adorable.

Birthday party plans are in full swing and Mimi is an angel as she has made my ideas materialize while I am to busy to breathe in and out!

I got up at 5:30 Monday morning and walked around the neighborhood. I sang praise songs on my Ipod and sprinkled prayers for my neighbors. I felt the Lord's embrace through the refreshingly cool air.

I surprised Adam in the newsroom just to get a hug from the man I love.

A student showed up at my door this morning holding out a Bible. He said Mrs. Harris said to read Psalm 121. I tried so hard not to cry in the message God sent through a sweet friend who understands me.

I enjoyed some Reese Pumpkins.

Due to a headache (not joyful) I slept ten hours on Monday night.

Thanks to some new organization skills introduced by Megan my desk has been clutter free inside and out for two weeks.

I choose joy!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

I love you. :)

Anonymous said...

As you chose joy - you give joy!
I thank God for you and all the ways you are JOY to your dad and me!

Kathy Carter said...

Such a great post! I need some organization tips from your friend. My desk at school is always buried! I spend so much time looking for things.

Beth Goff said...

It is hard when you feel like everything is not the way you planning to choose joy! But what a wonderful choice!!! Your post was a blessing to me and a reminder for me to choose joy through the craziness of our move! I am SO stressed out trying to move from sea to shining sea and raise support at the same time! We have no idea if we will get a paycheck next month but I'll choose joy (or at least I will TRY!)