Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Fourth of July

This post is a tad late, but here it is all the same.

On the Fourth we made BBQ and our families came in to town with lots of sides and extras. We ate well and then headed to Adam's office. His office overlooks the new amphitheater and the river. Tuscaloosa had a Pops concert and fireworks on the river. A rainstorm had cooled everything down. It was a perfect set up for some great family time and beautiful fireworks.



At the house play with Aunt Em's iPad.
Fireworks always throw me for a loop. I always end up like a five year old staring at them in awe. And then I remember all the things that were done to get us the right to celebrate this day. And I am a goner. This year was no different maybe a little worse. During the fireworks Miller cozied up in my lap and put his cheek next to mine. It was such a sweet moment that I hope I always carry with me. I prayed for Miller that he would always strive to see the good in America and that he would appreciate all the sacrifices of those who went before us. Noah however was still terrified of them and went inside with Adam to watch from the big windows. They came out after an awesome finale. But then about five minutes later it started back up. And then again. Poor Noah.






Hope you had a happy fourth as well!


No comments: