Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Gratitude Posts-Day 23-24

Day 23

Today I am thankful for modern technology. For my washing machine, cell phone, dishwasher,oven, electricity. Things that I take for granted everyday but when I stop and think about life without them I am thankful.

Noah is thankful for cars.

Day 24

Today I am thankful for friendship. I have found motherhood to be isolating. When Noah was born I invested so much time into him, esp after going back to work. And rightly so. But I find that I didn't really invest time in my friendships. Especially the ones here in Tuscaloosa. And I found myself growing insecure and shy. It seems weird that I grow shy with my own friends. Esp since I bare my soul on a public blog and will pretty much spill my guts to anyone who will listen. But I feel shy about calling just because, what if they are doing something important? I feel shy about asking to get together because I sometimes feel like I have very little to offer. They might have something more important to do. I find myself not being the kind of friend I'd like to be. For this reason I am so thankful for my friends who love me in spite of this. And I am thankful for the time I get to spend with them. And in the many ways they make my world a better place to be in!

Noah is thakful for Nana's house.

How about you?

No comments: