Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Giving Thanks Post Catch Up Post

We ended up with a new laptop. In order to catch up on the missed four days these are condensed :)

Tuesday: I am thankful for rain. I love rain. (Not all of the time but most of the time) I love to hear it falling on the roof. I love to be out in to come home to a warm and cozy house. I love how it washes away dirt like it is washing away your mistakes. I love how it refreshes things. I know it can be annoying when it cancels your plans or other when it hides the sunshine for days but I am thankful for the life it brings and how it speaks of God's beauty.

Wednesday: I am grateful for those who are brave enough to serve our country. And for their families that sacrifice to help them to do that. My grandfather was a WWII veteran, a prisoner of war. I have always respected him for that and now as adult and history teacher I have a clearer understanding of what that really meant and how our world would be different without him and the thousands who served and continue to serve.

Thursday: I am grateful for evenings. I am grateful for Noah's routine. I enjoy stories, prayers and rocking. I am thankful Noah is a good sleeper.And that Adam and I usually get two hours to ourselves to enjoy each others company, get ready for the next day,drink hot chocolate or a cup of tea, relax with our favorite television shows, or a book. Everything is quiet. It is peaceful. And I am thankful.


Friday: I am grateful for date night. I am grateful to be able to leave Noah with people I trust and get to spend time with Adam as a couple instead of mommy and daddy. I love being able to enjoy a slow romantic dinner, have adult conversations. And of course to be able to run around town looking on the best deals on a new laptop!!



1 comment:

danajk said...

Yay, new laptop! I love my computer and take it everywhere! I am also lucky that David is a whiz and keeps mine working for me! And I am glad you even found a good deal and now you are back in business.